Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mom

On February 24th my Mom passed away. She had a long, courageous, 9 month battle with cancer. How do you say good bye. Truth is i still haven't. I think about her everyday. I miss her everyday. She is everywhere: in my house, in my children, in my life. She made me who i am. Life will never be the same. But life needs you to move on. I move on because that is what she would want me to do. My children need me to move on. How do i do it without leaving her behind. The truth is, she is gone. She's not here to talk to. She's not playing with my kids. She's is in a far better place. Happy, with her parents and loved ones, watching me from above. But i'm here waiting for the time i can hug her and see her again. So i move on. I try to adjust to a life with out her. I'm not sure if i will ever get fully adjusted. I hold on to all the momories i have of her. Sometimes i dream about her and it seems so real. I will always miss her. I will always want her here. I can't change what has happened. All i can do is try to live a life worthy to hers, keep her legacy alive. Mom i love you. Thank you for raising me, for all the sacrifices you made for me. Can't wait to see you again.

No comments: